Many of my patients are very happy to find out that natural blood thinners (with no adverse side effects) can be found in their kitchen. Here are my favorites:
- Turmeric: This natural anticoagulant has anti-platelet effects.
- Cayenne Pepper: This spice contains salicylate, a blood-thinning agent, as well as capsaicin, proven to have anti-obesity and anti-diabetic properties.
- Cinnamon: A sweet spice you can shake over desserts and milky beverages, cinnamon is rich in coumarin, the powerful anticoagulant that’s used to make warfarin!
- Garlic: Consumed daily, garlic may be useful for preventing thrombosis, as well as thinning your blood
- Helichrysum Essential Oil: Applying this oil to your skin has a relaxing effect on your blood vessels, making a few drops a wonderful addition to your body oil or natural lotion.