Every now and again, I’ll share a recipe here that could make your menu feel a little more manageable, as well as a little more luxurious. These carrot fries are tasty while being healthy.
T = tablespoons
T = teaspoons
- 6 large carrots
- 2 T avocado oil and 1 t, divided
- 1 T ground flaxseed
- 3 T Everything But The Bagel Sesame Dressing (find at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 bulb of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- ¼ t salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine 2 T avocado oil with ground flax in a small bowl, stir well, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Wash and dry carrots well. Cut into even-sized sticks, then put them into the bowl with the flax and oil. Toss to coat, then add the seasoning and toss again until well coated.
- Cut the top off the bulb of garlic and drizzle with remaining 1 t of oil, rubbing it all over. Cover with parchment paper then wrap with tin foil.
- Evenly spread carrot fries onto a baking sheet so they don’t touch. Add the wrapped garlic to the side of the pan and bake for 12 mins.
- Turn each fry and bake for an additional 12 mins, or until they’re golden and the garlic feels soft.
- Turn off the oven but leave the fries inside while you make the aioli.
- Unwrap the garlic and add it to your blender with coconut milk, avocado, lemon juice and salt. Blend well until creamy.
- Serve the Aioli with the warm fries and enjoy.