Hello! How are you? Good, I hope. Today I’d like to introduce you to or remind you about linden tea, or lime flower tea. It is also called tilo in South America. Linden tea is existing because it has been used for centuries, yet it is just coming back into view as an alternative to regular tea and coffee. It has a pleasant, sweet, fairly strong yet delicate floral taste. Here are some of its benefits:
- Provides antioxidants and other health-promoting compounds like polysaccharides and amino acids
- Can help to reduce anxiety
- Supports detoxification and digestive health
- Could help reduce blood pressure
- May help to reduce pain and inflammation
Be sure to stick to a moderate intake of no more than 3-4 cups per day of linden tea, and avoid it if you’re pregnant. People taking diuretics or medications with lithium in them should avoid this tea. And those with a history of heart disease should also be precautious. If this is you, ask you physician before trying it.