This is soul food, comfort food, and I think it’s more than fine without the pasta and cream. What do you think? Make it this week and let me know what you think. It’s ready in 50 minutes and serves 4.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced in bite size pieces
- Onion and garlic powder to season the chicken
- 1 T butter
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ C small onion, chopped
- 2 C baby spinach
- 6 oz 1% milk
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese
- 1 C cherry tomatoes
- ½ t sea salt
- 1 C bib lettuce leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Fresh basil leaves chopped for garnish
- In a large skillet, drizzle over medium-high heat the olive oil and sauté the onions for 1 minute. Season the chicken with the onion and garlic powder. Add that to the onions and sauté until partly cooked.
- Add the garlic, butter and tomatoes. When the chicken is cooked completely, after around 5 minutes, add the milk, cheese and top with the spinach. Cover with a lid.
- Wati 1 minute and then mix thoroughly. Pour this mixture over the bed of lettuce, then squeeze the lemon over that and top with parmesan cheese shavings and chopped basil.