I just wanted to write a quick note today about strep throat, especially after yesterday’s post about antibiotic side effects. The most common strep throat treatment is antibiotics, even though viral infections cause 85-90% of sore throats in adults.
You can recognize strep throat for its symptoms:
- A non-itching, red rash called scarlet fever
- A headache and body aches
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Red and swollen tonsils
- Red spots on the roof of your mouth and a white or yellow coating on your throat and tonsils
- A sore throat and difficulty swallowing
- A fever of 101 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
You can try taking supplements to aid it:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D.
Also eat and drink raw honey, bone broth, herbal tea, apple cider vinegar. Gargle with Himalayan salt. Try oil pulling, and use essential oils: peppermint oil, lemon oil and thyme oil. Sterilize your toothbrush daily with a hydrogen peroxide solution of 3%.