This warming recipe is a spicy curry full of comforting, detoxifying spices. Sweet potatoes are packed with a ton of immune-boosting beta-carotene, which spinach can support cognition thanks to its high vitamin K and folate content. It also contains turmeric, a powerful anti-inflammatory food that can also fight plaques and free radicals in your brain.This is another transition recipe as it contains chickpeas.Ready in 40 minutes. Serves 8.
- ½ T extra virgin olive oil
- 1-6 oz box of baby spinach or baby kale
- 2 x 15 oz cans of chickpeas
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ C frozen corn
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 5 celery sticks, diced
- 7 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 T minced ginger
- 2 heaping Ts of curry powder
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 x 30 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 15 oz can light coconut milk
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and bell peppers and sauté for 8 minutes, stirring often until the onions are see-through.
- Add the garlic, ginger, corn, spinach or baby kale, and curry powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for around 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.