You may have been wondering how strong your immune system is recently. I want to put your mind at rest right away. Many of the causes of a compromised immune system are controllable and can be improved by changes to your diet and lifestyle.
However, because I know knowledge is power, I’d like to show you the major causes of a compromised immune system:
- Chronic diseases, such as diabetes, hepatitis and kidney disease
- Cancer, particularly blood cancers like leukemia
- Autoimmune diseases, which often mean your immune system is overactive
- Congenital disorders such as Down syndrome, cerebral palsy and cystic fibrosis
- Some medications, including corticosteroids
- Antibiotics use
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Poor nutrition
- Pregnancy and obesity
- A lack of sun exposure, or vitamin D
- Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
- Isolation and loneliness
Today, think about your diet and lifestyle. How could you improve your diet to make it healthier? And what about sleep, exercise, getting outdoors and stress? Make little changes to make your body healthier, and boost your immune system today. You can also check out the other entries to this blog for extra ideas on natural immune boosting.